In Primary (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th) we have developed an educational model that promotes all areas of education and training of children from the beginning of compulsory schooling to the Pre- University stage:
- Education in values within the program of Education and Living Together (Education in Values, Culture and History of the major religions).
- 33% of hours of immersion in English: eight hours a week of English (English-speaking, The Environment, Arts, Intellectual Workshops), excursions, playground surveillance and midday workshops.
- Artistic expression in Spanish from 1st to 4th grade.
- One hour a week of French in 5th and 6th.
- One hour a week of German 5th and 6th.
- Experimentation and the use of technological tools (computers and Electronic Whiteboards) in day to day classes.
- One hour a week of Physical Education with a specialist teacher.
- A weekly hour of swimming up until 4th in the school pool.
- One hour a week of golf with a specialist teacher from 3rd grade onwards.
- One hour a week in the library dedicated exclusively to reading and reading comprehension.
- Five hours a week dedicated to developing the main instrumental areas (Catalan, Spanish, English and Mathematics).
- Environmental Studies through cultural trips and excursions.
- Attention to transversal themes such as traditional celebrations and cultural activities at school; School Camps, leisure activities, European Projects and training relationships with schools in other.
Our school is open to everyone who is looking for the education we offer. We shun all discrimination and we provide a community where everyone can participate, hear and be heard. Our aim is to transmit values and provide a model of behavior to live together and achieve a working environment with the optimal cooperation between students and teachers. To achieve this climate, it's necessary to comply with our rules of organization and operation.
To fully consolidate our model, parents need to be involved and feel close to and integrated with our educational project. That is why we promote school – parent links and communication through direct contact with tutors and the management team in charge of each staege via the website, our Intranet, email, parents’ meetings, parenting classes and the school diary.
You can consult all our news on our School blogs at: blogsmontcau.blogspot.com.es